Well I'm rather shocked by the impact of the internet. It's a pretty fucked up thing these days.
Or well it has always been. I almost can't believe how easy people are feeling spoken to and how sensitive they are. I see many people argueing about nothing, they comment (in a negative way) on other people's pictures/statuses and so on I really wonder what's the deal with it oO? Is it so much fun to place yourself either in a "Oh I'm so much more awesome than you" role or the victim role?
Because both the things are used by many many people and they've led already to the deletion of some of my accounts over the years. So often you don't mean to harm anyone, not even to really be talking about someone and then all of a sudden they feel spoken to and go raving all about it. I feel kind of sorry when it especially is someone you don't know in real life.
Which makes me think about throwing some of my account back to only people I have met atleast once. And even narrowing it down to people I still see (except from old classmates I think). Why would I do that? Well because then I can't say anything that is misunderstood and escalate the way it sometimes does now. I don't like to surround myself with alot of close people in the first place, just because of the drama people like to make.
I hate to see how people think they're so unique and just freak out when someone tries to do the same kind of make-up like they do. I feel sorry for the people that label theirselves. One of the most beautiful things around is modesty. And way too many people don't even know the word I think. They act like they're everything, everyone should almost bow for them.
A perfect example of whom I do respect because he is so modest is Mr De Leeuw, a customer we see every once in a few weeks. He's a painter,he's in his late 80ies, secretly I wish he was my grandpa, so much respect I have for this man. He exposed in top galleries in New York, he get's invited to pricecamps. And two weeks ago he came to our store with a pricelist from his works that needed to be copied. The most expensive thing on it was 250€, while I was copying he suddenly said " May I ask you something abit weird maybe?" I was like sure and the question really made me smile he asked " if I give you money and this book, will you please buy my book wrapped in a nice paper in the bookstore right next to yours, it looks so weird to buy my own book" He made me buy his own book to give it to his sick sister. When he came to get it he didn't want the book he gave me back. He could've just said "If you like the book, go buy one yourself" no he gave me his. And when I was watching the book, I couldn't believe that his most expensive painting/drawing only cost €250. For gods sake he could earn so much more with it, but he doesn't want that, he only wants people to enjoy his works. Now I'm invited to his vernissage of his new exposition. I think I will look up my prettiest dress and will use that invitation, just because I have so much respect for this man and he also told me "don't dare to buy anything !"
The most fucked up thing about this society is that alot of people feel great about themselves and they forget they're only just human. And by this I don't mean anyone specific please no drama about this. Because in my humble short life, I have met like hundreds of this kind of people. I've been thinking about this blog for months, basicly since I started it, so that's almost a year ago :). I had so many drafts running around in my booklets. And I think it's time to post it after I heard this Zornik song, the title is "Walk" and this little piece of lyrics catched my attention
Bending words is what you do
Create a world that only watches you
And I don't know, if this side is bad
The satisfaction's gonna give you the joy
Joking it in the gutter,
flirting with the sidewalk
You're drowning in the clutter, down down down
When you're only just a number, looking for a meaning
Life is like a bitch, knocks you down
I just literaly copy pasted this song, written by Koen Buyse (atleast, I think, too lazy to go check on my CD) So don't feel like it's about you, unless you know Koentje.
And hereby I'm going to end this blogpost ,with a lyric of Green Day, it's getting way too long.
Everyone is so full of shit born and raised by hypocrites -
Oh and no I'm not a dramaqueen don't be afraid ;-) I've got an elephant skin and I pretty much laugh with everything. Some people call me arrogant for that. I just think lifes too short to care :-)
Rock On and Peace Out !
You go girl...
BeantwoordenVerwijderenDay you'll become arrogant will be the day the world will end (or something like that xD)